Dermaplaning & Medical Microdermabrasion
What is Dermaplaning?
Dermaplaning is a method of exfoliation that consists of using a 10 gauge scalpel to gently scrape off the top layer of dulling dead skin cells in order to reveal a smoother, brighter complexion.
Benefits of Dermaplaning:
- Removes surface debris of dead and dry skin with custom dermaplanning blade. It also eliminates that annoying peach fuzz that cakes up in makeup, leaving the skin feeling very smooth.
- Dermaplaning also allows for greater penetration of skincare products and creates a flawless canvas for makeup to glide on smoothly.
- Improves skin texture and tone.
- Immediately diminishes the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Creates healthier, more radiant appearance of skin.
- Procedure can be done prior to chemical peel to give a more effective treatment.
What is Medical microdermabrasion?
In microdermabrasion, a special machine applies a slightly rough applicator tip (either composed of tiny rough particles or a diamond tip) to the surface of the skin of the face or neck to remove the uppermost layer of skin. This results in a smoother skin texture. The procedure is painless and non-invasive. Multiple sessions are required in most cases.
Benefits of Medical microdermabrasion:
- Improved enlarged pores or clogged pores
- Helps decrease fine lines
- Improves mild acne scars
- Improves uneven pigmentation or poor texture of skin
Before a microdermabrasion treatment avoid sun exposure and discontinue use of any exfoliating products a week prior to treatment. This treatment has been compared to a ‘sand blasting’ for the skin. Chemical peel treatments can be applies after a microdermabrasion treatment to further increase cell turn over and a more aggressive exfoliation.
* Individual Results May Vary